Sunday, September 6, 2009

Duplicity

She Says

I have to say that it's difficult for me to not like a movie with Julia Roberts in it - this should give you a hint as to where I'm going with this review. This film also stars a few other actors I really like - Clive Owen, Tom Wilkinson (Valkyrie, Michael Clayton), and Paul Giamatti (John Adams, Sideways). In the hopes of not giving anything away, the basic plot of the movie is 2 spies hook up and plan a huge heist. The way the story is told adds to the "cat and mouse" feel of this spy movie. There is alot of back and forth in the timeline of film, which I liked but it can also get confusing. Yes, there were points when I asked "Is this happening now or when is this? 10 days earlier? 2 years ago?" So if you're one of those movie goers who constantly asks questions because you can't follow the plot and annoys the other person(s) watching with you, this might be a movie to watch alone. Just know that by the end of the movie it all makes sense, in a way you probably won't see coming.

She Rates It: Green Light


He Says


The holiday weekend allowed us to catch up on the blog and take in a few movies. Being that True Blood wasn't on and it felt like a movie night I started flicking through the OnDemand section of the premium channels and the free movie section in search of something that would provide a couple hours of entertainment. Realizing that we had Duplicity we decided to give it chance. I have to say I found myself lacking the patience for the details this spy/romance movie had to offer. Paul Giamatti, Clive Owen, Julia Roberts, and others put together an interesting look at the evolution of corporate espionage and pay back. Although I was checking out the Blackberry throughout the flim it all came together at the end. If you can focus for the 2 hour film you won't be disappointed.


He Rates It: Green Light (Obviously a renter and your only option now)








No comments:

Post a Comment